Saturday, November 24, 2007

Traditions

I love traditions. Maybe that is why this is my favorite time of year. Well, this week the holiday traditions started. On Tuesday, Mandy and I took the kids to ride the Pink Pig. We have been going since Allie was about 2. We also saw Santa. Avery was not very fond of Santa. She didn't scream, but she did cry a little and was pointing at me saying "mommy" the whole time. We got a picture anyway. Allie was a very big this year. (Last year I had to sit in Santa's lap with her) She sat with Santa for a while and gave him her list. Then we went to ride the pink pig. All the kids had fun. I even think Nina liked it. Mandy's mom and grandma went. Thankfully, because we were like a walking circus with all the kids. It helped to have some more adults!

Here are all the kids.




Who knows why Allie looks like this. I think it was
because she didn't want to take anymore pictures.
On Thursday, we spend Thanksgiving with my family. My mom's sisters and brother and their families all get together, so it is a pretty large gathering. We had a good time. I don't know why but I forgot to take any pictures. It seem like the day went fast this year. We had lots of great food and a fun day with family. Allie loves it because she gets to play with her cousins all day. I love it because the Erin and Hannah played with Avery all day. They are great babysitters!
Then, on Friday the women of my family participated in our other Thanksgiving tradition, shopping on Black Friday! We start when the stores open. Kohl's opened at 4:00 this year. So we went a little after 4:00. I really hope they don't start at 3:oo next year. I don't know if I can get up that early. We had a great time and of course got lots of good deals. I can't wait for next year.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.





3 comments:

Jodi Brinkley said...

What a fun week. I'm with you. This is the greatest time of year. The girls look beautiful in their Christmas outfits.

Griner Mom said...

Your kids looked so pretty in their Christmas outfits! Wow!!!
4am, you are a really dedicated shopper. It does seem like it gets earlier every year!

Mandy said...

We had so much fun with you guys! I just wish we could have seen you more - there is never enough time!!! I hope you make it to Memphis soon! We miss you already!