Monday, November 26, 2007

Avery and the Christmas Tree

On Saturday, we pulled out all the Christmas stuff to decorate. I love Christmas decorations, but I just don't like actually doing the decorating. (or cleaning up afterwards). While Avery was sleeping we decorated the tree. I was thinking the whole time how it was going to be a nightmare keeping Avery away from the tree. Well, the nightmare has begun. She was awake about 5 minutes, when I turned around and she had 3 ornaments in her hands. Sunday night, right before we were leaving for church I heard the sound of many ornaments clanging together. Even though I was in my room I knew what had happened. Sure enough Avery pulled the whole tree over! Really nothing was broken and the girls were not hurt. Maybe since we got it out of the way early, she will leave the tree alone. Last night, she seemed a little scared to go near it.
Here are a few pictures from Saturday night.


6 comments:

Jodi Brinkley said...

Those pictures are adorable. I would consider using the one of both girls for a Christmas card. How sweet.

Courtney said...

Hilarious! We were afraid of the same thing with Will, so I bought a small 4 ft tree today to be up off of the ground. Since we won't be here for Christmas and we are in a small townhouse this year it will do!

Mandy said...

I love their pjs! I hope Avery stays away from the tree now...maybe you scared her enough that she won't do it again!

Heather said...

Oh how cute! I love the matching pj's!
With everything going on this weekend I know I won't have time to decorate, so I've been trying to decide whether or not to do it this week. However, you have reminded me I really should wait till next week!!! The fewer weeks I have to struggle w/ Hayden to not tear the tree & presents apart the better!!! ;)

Jana said...

Too precious. They are so sweet. I sure hope that doesn't happen at our house. Some little boy(s) could get hurt.

Sandra said...

As I said last night, the pjs are adorable. I know every day from now to Christmas will be busy at your house. Enjoy every moment. Mrs. Sandra