Thursday, June 12, 2008

Birthday Party

It seems Avery's birthday party was doomed to fail. First, we had a terrible time scheduling it. It seems the first part of June is very busy. Then, Saturday Avery started not feeling well. That night she woke up with a fever. She and I stayed home from church Sunday, but when she woke up she had no fever and was feeling ok. So we met my family for lunch and the they came over to our house for cake and ice cream. She got a little shy when we sang Happy Birthday to her, but she loved the cake and presents. It was a fun party.

The week before when we would sing happy birthday she would act like she was blowing out candles. But when it really came time to blow out the candles, she was shy and so Emily and Allie were more than happy to do it for her.

She was a big fan of the cake.


Allie and Avery


Emily and Allie with Avery


Erin and Avery


Hannah, Avery and Donna


Cheryl, Steve, and Avery


Connie, Bobby, and Avery
We got Avery this Strawberry Shortcake doll and she loves it. It has been going everywhere with us and she sleeps with it. It is a cute doll and it smells like strawberries. It really smells bad. It don't know how she can stand to carry it around all the time.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Those pics are so cute & I love the 1st one of her. The last "sleeping" pic is so sweet & that's hilarious the doll stinks!

Jodi Brinkley said...

Poor girl. Sophie was running a fever at her second birthday party. Strange. I love the cake, and I always thought my Strawberry Shortcake doll smelled good.

Jana said...

I am glad she is feeling better now. I have a strawberry shortcake toothbrush that is suppose to smell like strawberries and it stinks too. What is up with that?

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

Oh how adorable! Hey, I just recently put Hannah on your blog with Donna *oh my goodness* I remember when she was born and what an adorable little girl I thought she was when I would come home from college and see her at church, now she's a beautiful young lady! WOW!! I'm OLD!! We have a strawberry smelling Minnie Mouse (WHY, I don't know, she's pink)..smell wore off thankfully!

Kathy said...

What a fun birthday party. Who doesn't like cake? Glad she was able to enjoy it.

Griner Mom said...

Happy Birthday to Avery!! Glad she was able to have fun at party!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

How sweet! Looks like she was all tired out from her party!