Sunday, December 14, 2008

Gingerbread Fun and other stuff

We have spent a lot of time at home this last week. Allie had a fever Thursday and Friday, so she was home from school. She really felt fine, so it was fun to have her home with us. The girls had a good time playing together. (Although I had to break up a few fights.) We made gingerbread cookies and a gingerbread house. Well, Allie and I made the gingerbread house. I put the icing on the house and gave the girls a bowl of candy to put on the house. Avery ate all the candy. Not even one piece got on the house.

We were going to go to Alabama this weekend to visit my parents and have Christmas with my brothers and their families, but my dad ended up having to go to the hospital. He has been having heart problems and we knew they were going to have to put a stent in, but we thought he could wait a few more weeks. He had a lot of chest pain on Wednesday, so they decided to go ahead and do the surgery. He had surgery on Friday in Nashville and everything went well. He is at home now and we will go visit him soon. We are so thankful that he is doing well and hope he will be feeling much better soon.
Here are a few pictures I took this week. Avery is in this phase now where she changes clothes all the time. In fact I had to move clothes so she couldn't reach them, because she would change clothes all day long. She still changes a few times a day and sometimes just takes her clothes off. She will absolutely not let you put the clothes on. She has to do it herself. So she made cookies in just a diaper. I know she has to be cold, its December, but I am not going to fight that battle. I guess if she gets cold enough she will put on some clothes.

cowgirl ballarina???

This snowman sings a Christmas song and dances. Avery loves to play it over and over and over again. Peggy Hamby gave it too us when Allie was about two. Thanks Peggy!!!!

5 comments:

Jodi Brinkley said...

What cute pictures. Looks like some of the events going on at our house. Glad Allie is feeling better. Didn't she go through that whole clothes phase too?

Sandra said...

Your gingerbread house looks great and I love, love, love the hot pink tutu! Give my best wishes to Charles.

Ryan said...

We'll be thinking of your dad. I love the pictures and think it's hiliarious that no candy from Avery made it to the house.

Heather said...

Cute pics & adorable gingerbread house!!!

Mandy said...

The house looks great! I can't believe she walks around naked - I feel so cold completely clothed! The tutu and cowgirl hat are adorable! Looking forward to seeing you all next week! Have fun in AL this weekend!