Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas

We had a great Christmas. My mom and dad came to Georgia Christmas eve. The past few years they have been spending the night with us on Christmas eve. Chris' mom also comes over and spends the night. So we have a house full. It is fun to have them on Christmas morning and they enjoy seeing the kids reaction to what Santa brings.



Allie showing us some ornaments on the tree.



Avery doing the same





On Christmas eve, we had dinner and the girls put out reindeer food for Santa's reindeer. We usually go out the next morning and it is gone, but we forgot to even look this year.



We put out cookies for Santa. What happened to Santa's cookies?



I think I know


Yeah! Avery ate lots of Santa's cookies. So we had to put out more. Then, on Christmas morning, when she woke up I told her Santa had come. She said, "Can I eat his cookies?" I said, "Santa ate all his cookies?" Then she said "Can you make me more?" I guess she might have been perfectly happy for Santa to bring her cookies instead of presents.



I didn't get many good pictures on Christmas morning. The kids were not too interested in stopping for pictures. I can't imagine why. We went to my aunt and uncles house for lunch and had a great meal.



Maybe we should have another baby. It looks like Avery could handle the diaper changes for us.

Our big family Christmas was Saturday after Christmas. I don't have any pictures. Why? Because Chris and I didn't get to go. We were at home with a stomach virus!! I was so disappointed. We always have a good time. This year we had to bring a white elephant gift. There is a pair of Grinch boxer shorts that show up in someones gift every year for about the last five years. That was of course among the white elephant gifts. The funniest gift this year came from my cousin Andy. Andy is an Auburn fan (of course) and he married a Georgia fan (We really like her in spite of it.) Andy took some of her Georgia Bulldog stuff and some of her parents Bulldog stuff and wrapped it up without her knowing it. They said it was so funny her expression as she figured it out. See all the fun we missed. I can't wait til next year, she will have a whole year to plan on how to get back at him. My parents took the girls, so they didn't have to miss it. Then Allie stayed at my aunt Connie's house and Avery and my parents stayed at my aunt Donna's house. I was so happy that we didn't have to take care of them while we were sick. Overall we had a fun Christmas minus the sickness. I can't believe it is already over. On thing I'm glad to be done with is Christmas decorations. I took down all the Christmas stuff today. The house looks sort of bare. And I love it! All that Christmas stuff starts to get on my nerves after a while.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Your pictures are great! I'm glad ya'll had a good Christmas, but I hate that you were sick. Andy's gift sounds funny....so did you not take yours? I thought your's were great! Happy New Year!

Jodi Brinkley said...

Hey, I made that cookie plate! I completely forgot about that. I'm so glad to see that you still have it and use it. Love you guys! We had a great time New Years.

Kathy said...

Glad you all had a good Christmas. At least the sickness didn't hit until afterwards. I blame school for the stomach virus! Happy 2009!

Shannon said...

Love all the pictures and hate you guys got sick. Glad everyone is feeling better and hated hearing the news on Sunday but know it will be great for you guys.

Ryan said...

Glad you had such wonderful holidays!!! I'm sorry you got sick, though. Have a happy new year!!!