Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nancy Drew and Fun Run

FUN RUN

Arlington had a Boosterthon Fun Run last week. Avery and I went to cheer for Allie. The kids had a great time. Here are a few pictures.

Allie after the run
Avery with her water

Allie took her sister around the track. Avery thought it was great!
Allie on the move
Avery with daddy
Allie's class
What a fun day!



BOOK WEEK

Allie had book week at scool. (I am late posting). She didn't want to dress up, but when she found out she got a reward she decided she would. She decided to be Nancy Drew. Which I thought was great, being that it was the night before dress up day. I would like to say that I am a mom that could whip up a cute costume at the last minute. But that is so not me. So Nancy Drew was an easy costume. Allie like it because she does like to get dress up and look silly and I told her we could straighten her hair. (In the movie Nancy Drew the girl has long straight hair. I think the original Nancy Drew had short straight hair.) Anyway, Allie was so excited to have straight hair. She loved it!! She keeps asking if we can do again.


8 comments:

Mandy said...

I never responded when you sent me those pics....I still cannot get over Allie's hair - she was right, kids would think she were a different child! Too cute! I love the pictures! What great memories she's already starting at Arlington! Have a good week!

Sandra said...

Allie, You make a great Nancy Drew! Your hair looked beautiful. I imagine you will do a lot of that hair straightening as a teenager, but we all LOVE your curls.

Heather said...

Her hair looks so long in that last pic! Very pretty! We love the Fun Run too!

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

Melanie you did a great job on her costume!! MaryKyle would have LOVED that!! We've never seen the movie (hhmm...might have to look into that) but MK LOVES the books and has read just about all of them I do believe.
Her hair straight makes her look like a different child. It looks beautiful, but I love the curls!!
looks like some fabulous fun times at ACS!!!

Ryan said...

I bet it took awhile to straighten her hair. It looked beautiful and so grown up!!! I saw the Nancy Drew movie and thought it was fun and always loved the book. What a great character pick!!!

Shannon said...

OK, never thought you could get Allie's hair to be that straight! So cute and it sounds like you guys have had a fun few weeks. Take care and tell everyone hello for us!

Courtney said...

Hey Melanie! Thank you for your comment on my blog. It was difficult for me to type those memories of him but I want to do it. See you in July! Love you!

Courtney said...

Hey Melanie! I got your card you semt me in the mail yesterday. I wanted to let you know that it got here. So sweet of you to be thinking of us, we love you!