Friday, May 29, 2009

Update (Finally!)

Kindergarten Graduation

Well, I am finally getting around to updating my blog. It has been a busy end of the school year. Allie had Kindergarten graduation the other night. It was so cute. They sang some songs for us. I couldn't take many pictures, because the lighting on the stage made my pictures look dark. They had a slide show of pictures from the year. They had a reception. I took a picture of the cake. It was so cute. Each monkey had a child's name under it. When it was time for them to get their cake, they gave them the monkey with their name on it. We are so proud of Allie. She has really done well this year. Mrs. Cannon is a wonderful teacher and she has really enjoyed school. I can't believe how much she has learned. She is reading so well and seems to love it. I hope that continues and I hope every year is as great as kindergarten. She has made some great friends. Well, on to first grade. I can't believe how fast this year has gone!

Our little graduate


The cute cake

Allie getting her awards from Mrs. Cannon.

The girls and Grandma

Allie and Avery




New Baby News
Well, we are in the process of getting ready for the new baby. I have had several ultrasounds and everything looks good. She is growing well. The due date is October 17th. I am 20 weeks now. They told us that they thought it was a girl at 13 weeks. I have had two ultrasounds since and they said girl then too. So we are pretty sure we are having another girl. We are all very excited. So, now we are in the process of moving the girls to new rooms. Allie is moving to the bonus room upstairs. Avery is moving to Allie's old room. We bought a set of bunk beds for Avery's room. So, Allie has all her stuff upstairs, but she is sleeping on the top bunk in Avery's room. We are almost finished,but it has been a lot of work. Not much really has to be done to the nursery.

Well, the bunk beds had to be assembled by us. Avery was really into it. I think she is going to be like me and like to put stuff together. She went and got all her "Handy Manny" tools and "helped" me a lot. She actually is good at going to get stuff.
Allie on the other hand, only wants to help if I will let her do big things, like use the drill or hammer. She spent most of the time reading to me. She had been to a spend the night party the night before. That is the reason for all the tattoos.

The beds all finished. It took them both one hour to fall asleep the first night. They kept talking and giggling. Chris and I were thinking maybe them sleeping in the same room was not going to be a good idea, but it has been better after the excitement was over.

This is how we found Avery asleep. It looked like she was getting up and then just fell asleep. Next project is to get rid of the pacifier! I am really not looking forward to that. Any suggestions?
Well, that is what we have been up too. Today was Allie's last day of school. Summer break begins. I have mixed emotions. I am looking forward to not having such a strict schedule and all the fun summer stuff, but not so sure how it is going to be having the girls both together all day. They really like to play together, but day after day may not be so peaceful. We will see.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Love all the new pictures. I heard graduation was spectacular. Me, as a teacher, am THRILLED that school's out for summer! (I should make that a song.) Anyhow, you are right down the road; Brodie loves playing with girls (that is all he knows, really). We'll have to get them together during the summer! Glad the baby preparations are going so well!

Mandy said...

Yea, glad to see an update! The pictures are wonderful! I can't believe you have a 1st grader! I love the bunk beds and I know the girls do too. We're looking so forward to getting to spend some time with you this summer - let's get something on the calendar before everyone is back in school. I'm glad the baby is still a girl...and so glad all is well with her! Love to you all!

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

So cute!! Love the bunk beds and how cute what a helper Avery was! Your girls are just so cute, can't wait to see what #3 looks like!!
With paci's I'll tell you what several suggested to me and ended up being what worked....clip the tip off it with scissors. Just a tiny bit, not much, but with a hole in it like that they can't get suction. MaryKyle set it down and never picked it up again 2 days later out of frustration/boredom. Some told me if it didn't work with the first clip to clip a little more, but we didn't have to do that. Good luck!!!

Heather said...

Allie looked so cute in her gown! I can't believe I forgot to check out the bunk beds yesterday! They look great & the girls look so cute in them!