Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Allie's Early Birthday Present and Avery's Trouble

Allie's 6th birthday is coming up on August 19th. My mom and dad came down this weekend to visit and gave Allie her present early. They bought her an American Girl doll. We headed to Atlanta and met my brother Danny, sister-in-law and my niece. We had lunch and then headed to the American girl store. Mom and Dad got Allie a doll and they got Avery and Charlotte and outfit for their "Bitty Baby" dolls. The girls had a great time shopping. Allie already knew what doll she wanted. They have both been looking at the magazine for weeks. She got the "Julie" doll. We had ice cream and rode the carousel with their dolls. It was a great day. The girls had so much fun. And I will say I love the American girl dolls. They are so cute and they have such cute stuff to go with them. They have a restaurant there you can take your dolls to eat, a salon where you can get their hair done. It is really fun. I am sure we will go back sometime.

Allie with her doll
She couldn't wait to get it out of the box!
Here is everyone helping to dress Avery and Charlotte's babies in their new clothes.
Avery and her baby "Nina" in her new clothes.
The girls with Pop and Nana
Taking a ride on the carousel

Ready to go home with her new doll.
Avery's art work on Chris' car! One day we noticed all these scratches on Chris' car. Allie said something about seeing Avery with a stick scratching the car. So we asked Avery if she scratched Daddy's car with a stick. She kept saying no she didn't. We asked multiple times. Finally, I said "Avery, what did you scratch Daddy's car with?" She said "a rock, a colorful rock"!!! My guess is that she thinking it was like sidewalk chalk. Anyway we had a few discussions about not touching cars with anything! Who would think you should tell you kid not to write on the car with a rock. I guess I thought that was a rule that was just understood. I guess not.

Here's the little stinker eating Oreo cookies. You can't stay mad at her for long.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I love that Avery's baby is still "Nina" - my kids still talk to Allie on every play phone they have. Some things never change! All the girls (Charlotte too) are getting so big and they are just darling! I'm so glad y'all were able to go there with your parents - what a special treat. Although does that little rascal Avery need anymore special treats?? Too funny! At least it wasn't on your van! Love to you all!

Shannon said...

Those girls and the American Girl dolls! Allie looks so happy with her new doll, and I love the story about Avery "coloring". She must have learned that trick from Mason somehow! Have a great weekend!

Jana said...

Too cute. I am so glad your parents were able to come down for the weekend. Glad you guys had fun.

Heather said...

Love Allie's smile w/ her doll...priceless! And that Avery named her doll Nina...too cute. Hope the dealership was able to get all those scratches out. Seeing Avery @ the table reminds me I told my Chris last week about her rolling the buttered corn on the cob down her chest @ the dinner table. We were cracking up!