Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Beach



For the past few summers we have been going to the beach with my family. This year Mom and Dad went, along with my mom's two sisters (Connie and Donna) and her brother (Steve) and their families. We had 15 people total. (including the 4 kids and 2 teenagers). It was a lot of fun, although I my blood sugar levels were terrible the first few days. They got a little better at the end of the week and that made it more fun for me. I love the beach and it was much better this year with Avery. She loved the water and didn't care if she was covered in sand. We went to Fort Morgan Beach. It is near Gulf Shores. We have been there once before and we really like it because the beach is not crowded. It is fun to be at the beach with family, because you get to spend a lot of time together. Allie, Emily, and Erin played the entire week. Allie and Emily are only 4 days apart in age. They are great buddies. They would spend two hours on the beach playing in the sand. Then when we went back home for lunch they disappear for hours more playing Barbies. Avery tried to break in on the playing, but they would send her away. Erin was really sweet to play with Avery. Avery loves to play with Erin. My cousin Hannah and her friend Cassie were a great help with the kids. My girls absolutely love Hannah. ( and we do too!) The other best thing about vacation with my family is the food. Since there are so many of us. Each family takes a night to cook. So you only end up cooking yourself one time. We had great food!!! I think I gained 5 pounds. The very best part of the trip was the last night when my Uncle Bobby was baptized in the swimming pool. The women went shopping at the outlet one day. That day Bobby, Chris, Steve and Cheryl took the kids (not Avery) to the water park. Allie was barely tall enough to ride the big water slides. She loved them. The first one she rode she fell out of the boat and I think it shook her up a bit, but she kept going. Chris and Bobby played golf twice. All in all it was a great week. Sorry this post is so long. I still have a few pictures I didn't include.


Chris' birthday was Sunday, so we go him a cake to celebrate. Allie carried the cake in to him and she was so excited.









Ready to go to the beach.





Avery and Chris walking in the ocean.





I think she liked it.




I have about ten pictures very similar to this because this is what Emily and Allie did the entire time we were at the beach. Every once in a while one would get up to get water, but they played in the sand a lot.






Allie getting water for the castle


The girls and Pop building a sand castle.





My dad and Uncle Steve trying to teach Allie how to use her boogie board.




Her she goes. She did it a few times and then went back to the sand.




My dad and Avery



Avery


Our house was on the 8th hole, so I took a picture of Chris from our deck.







Allie jumping in the pool. She started out he week jumping with no life jacket and swimming to Chris, but by the end of the week she would only jump with her life jacket. Who knows why.


Hannah, Cassie (Hannah's friend), Erin, and Avery on the back deck.

I thought this was a cute picture of Hannah and Avery. It would have been better if Avery's fingers were not in her ears. What is she doing?


Avery and her buddy Erin


One night we went to eat at Lamberts "Home of the Throwed Rolls". It was great food. Every once in a while a man comes around and if you raise your hand he will throw you a roll from across the room. It was fun. Avery loved it. She kept raising her hand. Once the guy came by our table and very carefully threw her one. She was so funny. Here she is with her roll.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

What great pictures of everyone! I know you all had a fun time together as usual. It looks as though you have several pictures that could be your xmas card this year if the girls don't cooperate later. And this time I've got to comment on Chris' red Gilligan hat - he made much fun of Mark's hat like that....so much fun that he bought himself one?? He's funny - glad he got to play golf several times.

Heather said...

There's nothing better than trips w/ family! It looks like ya'll had a wonderful time & we love Lambert's too! I can't wait to go in a few weeks now!