Friday, August 15, 2008

First Day of School

Allie started kindergarten today. It was a day full of mixed emotions for me. I am very happy for her, but there is a little sadness with each milestone that passes. It seems like time passes so quickly. While I had mixed emotions, Allie was just very excited. She even went to bed early. When I put her to bed she was asking me about the alarm clock and if I was going to set it. I assured her I would wake her up. She said, " No, I want an alarm clock in my room." So I got a travel alarm clock and set it for her. Then, when I got up this morning her lamp was on. When I went in her room at 6:30 she was already awake and laying in the bed looking at the alarm clock . (which had not gone off yet.) She ate breakfast, got dressed really quick, and didn't fuss about anything! It was so nice and I am sure it will not be like that again ever, so I tried to enjoy it today.

She had a really good day. She said her favorite part was the playground. They only had school until noon today, so she really wasn't gone long. We went and picked her and Hannah up. Today was Hannah's first day of high school! We celebrated by having lunch at McDonalds.












The girls with Hannah after school.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

I have tears....I can't believe she's in school! She looks so adorable in her uniform and I have laughed so much since you told me about her with the alarm clock. I can't wait for Ethan to see these pictures - he's been asking about her going to school today. Maybe we can take him up to Arlington next week sometime? Glad she had a good day!!!

Kathy said...

So hard to believe she is in kindergarten! She was precious in her uniform. It'll be strange seeing her around school during the day. And, you know you're right...they grow so quickly!

Ryan said...

The alarm clock is hilarious. She looks wonderful in her uniform. I hope the school year goes well!!!

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

oh she looks so adorable! I love the alarm clock story, that's just the perfect first day of kindergarten story! I hope she loves every day!!

Heather said...

She looks so cute in her uniform!! I am so glad she had a good 1st day. You never know, she may be just as exicted 2 weeks into school, Gracie is! Anyway, glad it went well, & congrats on a new milestone. Just think in a few more years we'll be doing lunch alone...won't that be weird!!!

Jodi Brinkley said...

kid you not...that brought tears to my eyes. I love the alarm clock story. She really was pumped. What an exciting time.

Shannon said...

I can't believe she is old enough to be in Kindergarten!! She looks so cute in her uniform and I teared up as well thinking about it and looking through all the shots. The alarm clock did crack me up - don't think I'll ever need one with Alex (unfortunately!).