Tuesday, August 5, 2008

On the road again

I took the girls to see my parents this weekend. Chris was going to go, but ended up getting too busy with work. So I just took the girls. They were actually both really good in the car. I don't know if I was just expecting the worst or what. Avery has a bad habit of dropping everything. But this time she did really well. Allie was a good helper. We got to visit with my parents and my brother and his family. My brother has a swimming pool. Saturday we went over there to swim for a while. It was kind of stormy so we didn't get to swim much, but Allie and Avery love playing with their cousins. After the rain, there was a rainbow in the sky. It was so pretty and you could see the whole rainbow. Here is a picture of the kids with the rainbow in the background.


Last week the girls were playing. Allie came out of Avery's room and said Avery was going to sleep. She had put Avery in the doll bed. Avery looks pretty comfortable.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Such sweet sisters!

Jana said...

Glad you guys had a good visit. That is too cute with Avery in the doll bed.

Heather said...

Glad you had a good trip. Seems like we haven't seen ya'll in forever. See you soon & have a good week!

Mandy said...

I'm glad you got to go see your family. I still crack up when I think about Avery's sippy cup tied to a rope in the van - but, hey, you do what you can, right?! Those are good pictures and I can't believe how big Alex and Anna are!

Jodi Brinkley said...

Glad you had a good trip. After riding home from church with you Wednesday night, I was cracking up thinking of the ride you would have the next day. We are still laughing at Avery's funny voice.

Griner Mom said...

They are such cute girls! Glad you had a good visit!