Saturday, October 25, 2008

Football and Pumpkins

This has been a fun week. Avery finished her Puddlejumpers class. She will really miss going. She got a certificate and was very proud of herself.

Reading a book.



Avery with her certificate and the fake smile!!



Homecoming


It was Homecoming week at Arlington. The girls played in a powder puff football game Thursday night. We went to watch Hannah. The teams tied and it looked like they had a lot of fun. Avery kept saying she wanted to go watch Hannah "be a boy" . This was the first year they have had a football homecoming. The weather was terrible. It was raining and cold. They had to do all the homecoming stuff in the gym before the game. But, we won the game!




Allie and the little girl cheerleaders got to cheer at the pep rally on Friday. They did a pom pom routine It was really cute. I tried to post the video, but I can't get it rotated. So you have to watch it sideways.








Saturday, we carved our pumpkin. Allie and Avery had a good time. They spent a lot of time digging around in the pumpkin getting out one seed at a time. Allie wanted it to have a mean face. I am not the best pumpkin carver, so this is as mean as it gets. But, I will say I am better than Chris. Last year he cut all the teeth out. So I did the carving this time. Do you think he planned that? Probably so! Anyway the girls had a great time!







9 comments:

Mandy said...

It was well worth turning my head sideways to see that video! Mom said she was just the cutest and I agree! She's adorable in that uniform! The pumpkin looks great! We've got to get one before they're all gone! I hate the weather was bad Friday night, but glad the Eagles won!

Jana said...

Great job on the pumpkin and I remember last year's...you know he planned that. ;-) Cute homecoming pics too.

Heather said...

LOL @ Avery's fake smile. Glad she enjoyed Puddle jumpers. She did much better than Hayden that's for sure! Love all the pics & you did a great job w/ the pumpkin. Can you do mine now?

Jodi Brinkley said...

Great pictures and an AWESOME pumpkin. We've got to carve ours tomorrow.

Shannon said...

The pumpkin was great! I cheated and did a fake one that I could use every year - at least until someone around here really cares that it is fake! Cute pictures and Avery's smile is terrific!

Maggie Elliott said...

Your girls are so adorable!! And I love your pumpkin- I haven't even bought one yet. =P I think we'll have to carve it Thursday night!

Kathy said...

Congrats to Avery. She looks very excited. :) Allie was adorable doing her cheerleading. It still cracks me up at how shy she is at school.
Your pumpkin is VERY scary looking.

Ryan said...

love the pics. the pumpkin is great!!!

Courtney said...

Avery's fake smile cracks me up! Too funny! You did a good job on the pumpkin too!