Friday, January 11, 2008

Allie has been saying so pretty funny stuff the last few days so I thought I would share.
- She was very mad at me, because I wouldn't let her go out and play with the neighborhood kids. She was sitting at the window pouting. She said, "Nobody talk to me, not you or Avery". I was happy to not talk to her, since she had been whining for 10 minutes about not going outside. However, in about 30 seconds she asked me a question about going outside and I answered. She didn't like the answer. She said "Mom, don't talk to me. Even if I ask you a question, just don't talk to me".
- Today Allie and I were playing with the doll house people and she was telling me their ages. I thought it would be interesting to see her perspective on age. So I asked her how old is someone who is old. She said, "Do you mean they have a stick they walk with?". I said " Yes, how old are they?". She said "20"!
- She was talking about New York City for some reason. I told her I would take her there someday when she is older. I also added that Daddy doesn't like New York. She asked, "Is it because there is a lot of shopping there?" Oh how she knows her daddy.

10 comments:

Jana said...

That is too funny. Kids have such a different perspective on things, sometimes just the honest truth.

Jana said...

That is too funny. Kids have such a different perspective on things, sometimes just the honest truth.

Courtney said...

Hilarious!

Jodi Brinkley said...

LOL...She does know her daddy. We'll have to plan a girls' shopping trip there when they are older.

Mandy said...

I'm so glad you wrote that first one down! That is too funny. I still laugh about it. She talks about New York because she HAS to remember the many times we say that we're taking the kids there!!! I can't wait!!! Looking forward to seeing you this next weekend - we miss you and it's been way too long!!! Love to you all!

Heather said...

LOL! I love the shopping comment....too cute!!

Griner Mom said...

I love all of the comments kids make! Too many to write them all in their baby books. So funny!

Kathy said...

That first comment cracks me up! Those are the joys of raising girls, huh? :) It's amazing what they think up to say.

Samantha said...

That is so funny! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I Love It!! I love, love ,love ALlie and Avery!! I wish I would take the time to do this blog. Maybe I can coax Bobby into it. He is so good at this stuff.