Sunday, December 16, 2007

Who Needs Toys?

Well, I am afraid that we have wasted money on toys this year. Allie and Avery had rather play with the Christmas decorations than toys. Allie found Christmas salt and pepper shakers and other Christmas figurines when we were decorating for Christmas. She has played with them ever since. She lines them up and pretends they are people. It is pretty fun to hear the adventures of the salt and pepper shakers. We have been laughing because she will ask, "Mom, can I play with the salt and pepper shakers?" I told some of you this story so last Sunday, Randi brought Allie some more salt and pepper shakers to play with. Thanks Randi. Allie has really enjoyed the addition to her collection. Avery has taken up with this Santa Clause decoration. She plays with him, kisses him good night, and as you can see rides on him. Maybe when Santa brings new toys they will give up on the Christmas decorations.










This weekend we went to visit my mom and dad in Alabama. My brother Danny and his family came also. My oldest brother Jeff and his family live near my parents so we were able to see them also. My mom loved having all the kids at home at the same time. She cooked us some of her vegetable soup which, never turns out as good when I make it. We had a good time with everyone. We dressed the kids for a Christmas picture with my parents. It turned out cute. We also took one of all of us. But as you can see Chris and I spend more time on dressing the kids, than ourselves. I really wish we had been dressed better, because it turned out to be a pretty good picture. It is nearly impossible to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time, especially with 3 small children.






7 comments:

Maggie Elliott said...

That's hilarious! We have an angel that hangs on the top of our nativity set and Nathan takes her down and changes her diaper! =) They are so imaginative at this age!!

Jodi Brinkley said...

I just love that story. Cracks me up. I'm sure I could add a few to her collection. Great pictures of your family. Talking about what you're wearing...when Reagan was 9 months old we took her to see Santa. She cried so, Romeo and I both ended up in the picture. I was in a Christmas dress. Romeo on the other hand was in a gray sweatshirt with HILFIGER written across it in letters as big as your hand. We still laugh at that one.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

That is funny about the shakers. Glad you were able to be with your parents. I am sure that was nice. Merry Christmas.

Mandy said...

I'm glad to see that the Thanksgiving Publix shakers are still in the game! Too funny that they both are into the decorations and not the toys - why do we bust our buckets shopping for them?? Your parents look great - what a good pic of everyone. I'm glad you all had fun...still wish you could have continued on here, but I know CK had to get back to work. We are looking forward to seeing you here soon though - painted the guest room last night (I started rolling at 11pm!), so it's all ready!

Heather said...

What great family pics! I'm glad ya'll had a good trip! That cracks me up @ Allie & her salt & pepper shakers!!!

Courtney said...

That is so funny! I am so glad mom could contribute to the collection...

Sandra said...

How sweet and wonderful to be able to find joy in the little things in life...one of the ways we need to be like children. Merry Christmas! Mrs. Sandra